<

9/14/2005

Blogging 101

Welp, I've gone and done it. I have officially entered the blogosphere. I have been reading and enjoying various runners' blogs and decided that I want to get in on the action. I may be a little tentative at first. I am not your typical journal keeper - never kept a diary in my life. But this is an outlet that will allow me to discuss running and racing more than my non-athlete friends will presently allow me. With that said, on to the running and the racing.

I have had a fairly decent racing season, so far. I only did one marathon this year, Cleveland, in May. I just wasn't on the ball enough to get a fall marathon in. I wanted to focus on some triathlons this summer, so I got back in the water, and the saddle, much to the detriment of my dream of doing the Air Force Marathon this September. Despite cutting back the mileage after May, I have been active in my local racing circuit that I love so much, Doing a bunch of 5Ks, a relay 10K, and a half-marathon. http://www.hermescleveland.com

There is a 15K race this weekend. A great little racing outfit is hosting it: http://www.ncnracing.com/. It's a 30K/15K/5k with views of sparkling Lake Erie. They have this race in the spring and fall, and last year, I did both 30Ks. But as I cut back on my running to do my two triathlons (sprints) this summer, I am not ready to do a 30K this weekend.

Well, I have out-blogged myself with this, my virgin post, so I am signing off.
Happy Running!

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Welcome to the BLOG WORLD. I just started blogging as well and find blogging enjoyable. I can talk about running all day and this is an outlet for that. Good luck on your upcoming race!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home