<

8/07/2006

Huntington Sprint Tri - By The Numbers

127th out of 219 total finishers
6th out 14 women in age group 30-34

1/4 swim - 4:00 (Personally, I think the swim was a little short. I swim a 500 in about 7:20, so 400 should have taken longer than 4 minutes? We had to run up STAIRS to get up to the transition area - let me tell you I was hurting running up those!)

T1:3:37 (Still trying to catch my breath from my stairclimb.)

12 mile bike: 40:36

T2: 53 seconds!! (My fastest T2 time to date.)

5K run: 26:22

Total: 1:15:28

Comparison from last year...1:21:06. Woo Hoo!

My next triathlon isn't until the 27th, so I have a couple of weekends to rest. I am really bummed, because my pool is closed for yearly maintenence from August 7th-20th. I will have to find a pool to swim in, or resort to all open water swimming for the next few weeks. But hopefully it will give me a chance to get my running mileage and speedwork up a bit. July was pretty low in terms of both.
Congrats to all other bloggers who raced this weekend! Make it a great week, people!

16 Comments:

Blogger Neese said...

excellent!! the stairs sound brutal!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on your Tri, that is an awesome improvement from last year.

We had stairs in one of the Tri's I did this summer and they were killer!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Stairs? Whoever designed the course has one nasty sense of humour.

Congrats on the race - that's a huge improvement, well done!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Nice time improvement!

2:55 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

great job! That's an awesome time compared to last year!

4:02 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Nice job!!! That is always such a fun race and I am bummed I missed it. I really wanted to attend (I even packed everything the night before), but at 4:00 am my body said "Go back to sleep."

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

da da daaaaaaaaaa, da da daaaaaa, da da daaaaaaaaaaaa, da da daaaaa, da da da da da da.... umm right, well that was my best rocky theme song spelled out...in any event, GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!! you really busted your ass!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Huge difference compared to last year. Nice job on T2.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

that's a fast T2...

Not sure about your run pace but that 5 k looks very good.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Haight said...

Congrats!! Helluva job...I'm thinking stairs should be an added leg to the race...a Quadathlon.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Great race Buckeye!

8:24 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job!

6:21 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Great improvement - you should be really pleased. Good luck for your next one.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Awesome job - A 6 minute improvement in a sprint tri is HUGE!

I can totally relate to the pool closure..I suited up today only to find my gym pool locked for the yearly maintenance *sigh*.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Nice race and excellent T2!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Haven't heard from ya. Hope you are doing well.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home