<

7/26/2006

Cleveland Tri Finish Pics




The pictures are up! All my photos are finish line photos of me in the same pose, so I just posted these couple.

Overall, I was not happy with my time (3:30). Am I really that slow?? I thought for sure I would post a better showing than that. But I guess for not really training on the bike as much as I should have, I should be happy. I am convinced now, that it is truly all about the bike. Even more convinced that I will never do an IM - because for me it is so NOT about the bike. I do it to be able to participate in tri's, but I don't enjoy it as much as swimming and running, so inevitably, I will not put the time into training in the saddle. That being said, I can see myself doing my sprints, and maybe a few olympics again, but I think that is my max.

Also disappointed with my swim time. 30 minutes? I would have liked to come in under thirty. I think that I was slow because after the final turn around the last buoy, we came back into the harbor, and that was heading into the sun, there was glare off the lake, and I couldn't really see where I was going, so I did a fair amount of breaststroke, which increased my time.

As for the bike, what can I say. No technical difficulties...always a plus for me. I didn't fall off the bike, even though it was a loop course with tight turnarounds. I came into transition under 2 hours, which to some of you cyclists is laughable, I am sure.

The run was tough. It was hot, and my legs were tired. Another loop course until the last mile or so, which ended near Cleveland Browns Stadium.

I have mixed feelings about this race. I am glad to get my first olympic under my belt. It was a lot tougher than I anticipated. I am not happy with my time, but in reality, considering the lack of cycling training I put in, the time is probably about right. I know if I want to trim 30 minutes, I need to do more bricks, and spend more time in the saddle.

Up next...Saturday is my first open water swim race. I am excited for that. Hopefully I can go all out, knowing that I won't have a bike and a run to contend with. Stay tuned...

13 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey! Great job on finishing your first Oly. I was just telling Matt today that I am excited for next year to get back to sprints and olys...you're right, it IS all about the bike for this long stuff, and I'm with you--I'd just soooooo rather be running or swimming!!! :) Guess I can't turn back now, though...ha ha

9:11 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Congratulations... You look so happy and fit in the pictures. At the end of the day, I'm not sure that the time really matters?

4:52 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Times will come down the road. Finishing before they kick you off the course is all that matters. A few months ago I was really analyzing what I'd have to do to place really well in my upcoming tri and I finally decided I don't want to put forth all the extra time doing speed work and intervals and time trials to post a fast time. Who am I trying to impress? I just want the experience and you look like you always enjoy the experience in your race photos.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

I suppose a lot of us who do tri's have one discipline that we could do without or at least cut way back on...for me that is swimming & I would have been happy for 30 minutes!!!

Anyway nice going!

12:38 PM  
Blogger :) said...

Awesome finish photos!!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Neese said...

congrats on the accomplishment of finishing, and the photos are great!! :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not about the bike or the swim, but the lure of the IM will eventually get me. I know it!

Nice photos and you look like you had fun, or, you were just happy to be done.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You look so happy and excited in your pictures! You did GREAT! You finished your first Olympic tri, be proud of yourself! Me, and the rest of RBF is! :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger L*I*S*A said...

WOW!!! Amazing....

I'd love to do a tri someday. You will definitely be a source of inspiration. :)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You finished with a smile on your face - that's rule no.1 of finishing any race if you ask me. Don't be too hard on yourself - for your first race over that distance, it's a great result. YOu are only going to improve & get faster from here !

10:54 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Nice pics - arms up, smile on your face- textbook great finish pic!!

It's not about the bike?!?! ;-)
I guess we all have our sport to "endure" to participate in tris. For me, swimming is a very distant third behind running & cycling.

11:45 PM  
Blogger D said...

You did it - you finished - and you finished w/a smile on your face! Nice!

9:18 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

I have come to the same conclusion as you about the bike, and I think that will be why I won't venture on to an IM distance anytime soon unless I miraculously start putting out better bike times :)

You did great, don't beat yourself up!!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home