<

6/25/2006

Athlete Tracker

is the best! I have been watching CurlySu's progress most of the day...she is at about 14 hours, and has a little more the 6 miles to go, I think...the IM France tracker seems a bit off and everything is in kilometers. But it looks like she is doing fabulous. I can see that I will be doing a lot of athlete tracking on all you IMers out there - it's so fun! I just can't imagine the hell you all go through. I mean I have been watching Su most of the day, and I am floored when I think that she and others have been going for like 15, 16, 17 hours!! Unbelieveable. I think I'll stick to sprints and olympics.

The half was this morning. Don't worry, my speed workouts have done nothing for my endurance, apparently. The results aren't up yet, but my watch says 2:18. I felt tired, and my legs were hurting, especially my left hamstring. Then, this afternoon, I walked another 5 miles with a good friend of mine who is trying to lose some weight after just having a baby. She is doing so great at losing the weight, and is so excited to be walking, so I didn't complain that I was hurting, even though the last thing I wanted to do was go walking. But I can complain to you guys! ;)

Anyway, if you haven't already, check out Su's progress here, and if that site is slow, Liz has her own athlete tracking going on.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks, and have a great week!

_________

P.S. It is 4:35 EST, and I just checked the IM France site again - looks like Su is done - 5:18 marathon! Woot Woot! Congrats, Su a.k.a. IRONWOMAN!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Congrats on getting through your half. How were the temps? Seems like it was a scorcher everywhere today.

7:10 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hi Jen! Actually, the temps weren't too bad at all - really cool in the morning, around 65, I think, and a lot of the race took park in a local park with limestone trail, so it was pretty wooded. A great morning for a run. But I shivered when I thought about diving in the lake had it been a triathlon morning!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the half and even better that you walked with your friend after. I like the athlete tracker as well. I'm starting to think maybe I'll just lay back and track everyone else rather than doing the big events.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Nice job on the 1/2! I'm more impressed that you went out and walked 5 with your friend post-race...that is the last thing I'd want to do after running 13!

You are a really good friend!;-)

3:01 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

hope you're recovering from the half!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Finishing is the first priority in races, times are secondary. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Walking 5 miles after a race is actually the best thing you can do for recovery, well done!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. sorry i'm just catching up. thanks so much for the awesome post--you rock!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home