<

5/31/2006

Mixed Bag

Hello, all! Happy Wednesday. I decided to mix things up a bit, and instead of running, swimming, or biking today, I went to step aerobics class! Ha! I haven't been to step in quite some time, so it was pretty hilarious. I think that trying to follow the instructor and her constant eight count moves across the step helps keep me coordinated physically and mentally. I don't think my heartrate got up as high as if I was swimming, or running, but it was fun, and it kept me moving for 60 minutes. I also like that at the end of class they always do an ab workout, and some weights. Sometimes, I neglect those things if I just go do a run.

And I haven't forgot my vow to become more fit, overall. Now that the marathon is done with, I feel like I can broaden my focus a bit more. After class I came home and tried my hand at sit-ups (which I almost never do - I am a cruncher, and pilates gal) and push-ups. I did 31 sit-ups in one minute, and 20 pushups. I really have to work on the sit-ups, and try to eke out a few more pushups. This weekend, I am going to take a trip to the track to see how I fare on the 300 meter run, and the 1.5 mile run. I'll post my results.

Hope everyone is having a good week. At least it's a short one, huh?

13 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

Hmm, is someone looking for the FBI?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Hollyfish said...

31 situps and 20 pushups is great!!! I'm still doing the cheating pushups from my knees instead of my toes. I figure anything that hurts my shoulders that much can't be good!!! Keep it up! The core strength goes a long way!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did a step aerobics class with my sister once and I think the hardest part was feeling like an idiot the whole time since I was the only one that was always facing the opposite way, or about 8 steps behind the entire hour. At least everyone else got a kick out of it.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I am sure aerobic step class is jsut as intense activity as running/biking/swimming.

I have done taebo before..nice.makes me sweat...

4:23 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

I think it is great to learn and do a mix of cardio and strength exercises. We eat a variety of foods why not have a variety of exercises to do throughout the year.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Neese said...

wow step aerobics i haven't had one of those classes in years, that does sound like fun! way to keep in shape!

:)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG--I sooooo trip on the step when I try to do step aerobics. ha ha

Way to try something new!

9:12 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Might be a short week for you guys buts its a long one for me!

I avoid those aerobics classes like the plague after I embarassed myself greatly years ago - I was so uncoordinated and found I was doing everything about 5 steps behind everyone else and back to front!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

I love aerobics classes...although I remember the first couple months of feeling extremely uncoordinated! Way to shake things up!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

BuckeyeRunner,

Thanks for visiting my blog! BTW, another good swimming blog is The Secrets of Isis.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

OMG flashback.... in my twenties, I was the step aerobics king... back in the days when women wore full make-up and leg warmers to work out (ok, I admit, I wore the leg warmers too... and one of the first men in Toronto outside of the actual ballet to wear spandex...)

It sucks that I can remember when Reebok aerobics shoes were the rage...

Oh to be physically twenty seven again....

7:03 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Oh... to be able to legitimately be able to wear spandex again...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Cross training is so much fun! I really miss the kickboxing class they used to have at work.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home