<

5/16/2006

T-Minus 5 Days

until the marathon. Just readRob's 50K race report. It was a study in mental toughness, and a riveting read. It also foreshadowed the pain that I know is about to come for me. I finished my last 8 miler this past Sunday. It didn't feel as good as I thought it would feel. I still felt tight, and leaden. Slow, no spring, and just plain tired. Not sure what that means for Sunday. I am dreading a race in which I have to fight for every mile. It is supposed to rain Sunday, as well. That should be fun.

I have to concentrate on getting psyched up, now, but it's hard. Hopefully the next couple of posts before the race will all be motivational and hard core "get your game on" posts. I need some of that right now.

Easy running this week. I ran 3 last night, and will do three milers the rest of the week, and hope to get some swims in, too. I swam last Saturday, 2200 in a blissfully empty pool. It was great.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Papa Louie said...

Enjoy the easy training week and you'll be ready for a great marathon!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Believe it or not your legs are supposed to feel heavy. they are building and absorbing the training you have been doing.

You have not yet begun to fight.

Have confidence in your training and even more so, have confidence in yourself.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Hopefully we will get lucky and escape the rain in Sunday!

You have put the training in and it will reward you come the big day!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Don't dwell on the potential negatives. Try to keep a positive mindset and keep fighting.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hang in there...I always find that taper messes with my head and I start questioning things, feeling random invisible "pains," etc. Just remember you've put in the miles. You've done the hard part! Now enjoy the race. :) And let's hope it stops raining! Geez! Hey, I'm pacing 4:45--I'll be the fool at the start line with balloons and a sign that says "4:45" so I'd love to meet you! :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Enjoy the taper and have a great race. I know you will do GREAT!!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Lucky number 7 said...

Tapers are always hard!! You made it though!!
Go out there girl, and get your game on!!
You will rock!!
Believe it!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out buckeye. I will be thinking of you on Sunday and we can run together in spirit. Be tough, be strong, and never stop fighting.

11:01 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

As I mentioned elsewhere tonight:

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

-Vince Lombardi

You're going to do awesome.

11:32 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

The rain will feel good especially if it's warm and humid!

You are going to do just fine, I will be out cheering in my Wild Bill Shirt!

6:55 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Now, I'm just confused about our weather forecast here...last night they said rain thru the weekend, this morning, scattered showers..hmmm
Well, you'll rock big, I think, good luck.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

You are going to do awesome this weekend!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck Girlie see you at mile 9!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home