<

4/23/2006

Stream Of Consciousness

Happy Sunday, everyone! I haven't posted in a while, so this post will probably contain a bunch of random thoughts and observations strung together in no apparent order, hence the title.

Training is going well. I was going out of town this weekend to visit family in Pennsylvania, so I had to get my long run done before I left. So, I called off work on Friday, and did my 14 miler that morning. It rained the night before, and it also rained a little during my first 6 miles, but then it got sunny. It was around 70, and it felt really humid. I carried a water bottle with me, and it lasted the entire run. I also had 1 gel with me, that I didn't even finish. It was a chocolate Hammer gel, and it just wasn't tasting good during the last two miles. I need to go and get some Espresso Love Gus, and work on my nutrition/hydration, because I definitely was dehydrated at the end of the run. I finished in 2:27:44.

I took a break for an hour, and then hopped in the car for a 3 hour drive. Ugh. My knees were killing me at the end of that drive, let me tell you. The weekend went by pretty fast. Saw family, including my niece and nephew who live in New Jersey, so I don't get to see them that often. I had a rest day on Saturday, so all I had to do was relax while in PA, and I left this morning.

Upon returning to the Buckeye State, and went to the pool for a 2K swim, and am currently typing fast so that I can make it out the door for a 3 mile run before the rain hits.

RunnerSusan recently put up a review of her new running skirt. And although one of my favorite bloggers, Elle, won't don one until our male compatriots come over to the dark side, I bought one last week from Nicole Deboom's company, Skirtsports. She is a total stud, so I figured if she wears one, I am in good company. I'll post pics and a review when I get it. Hopefully it will come before my 20 miler next weekend, because I am planning to wear it for the marathon, and want to get in a nice long run with it.

And in other news, have you heard that Lance is running the NY Marathon? Maybe he figures if he can post an awesome time in a marathon, an Ironman is not that far away? Now that would be something to see!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I'll read all about them while catching up on my blog reading tonight. Have a great week!

9 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

There are a lot of message boards predicting what Lance's time will be - most people seem to think 2:40-3:00 range. I can't wait to see it.

9:25 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Hmmm, those skirts don't look to uncomfortable. Don't think there cut quite right for me though.

Glad to hear the training is going well.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is: I'm thrilled to be reading about so many wonderful reports on these running skirts! Like so many other tech reviews, it's the pictures that really make the reviews worthwhile ;-)

Seriouslly, glad to hear training's going well!

9:08 AM  
Blogger D said...

Before I forget: I love that photo of the swam on one of your recent posts.

It sounds like training is going very well for you!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

I like the idea to call off work and get in a nice long run in. Good job on your long run!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad you are not boycotting the skirt and I hope it works out well for the long run in preparation for Cleveland. Even if you were not going to post pictures I would still say that.

I belong to an ultra listserv and they have been debating the Lance marathon topic quite a bit. Some people think he can run sub 2:30, maybe even faster. I would imagine that Lance will not take this lightly and it would not surprise me to see a stellar time from him.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of the skirt! I've been wanting to try one but I'm not sure if it will cover my bum!

Great job with the 14!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wow just reading about your busy weekend makes me tired!;-) Glad to hear your long run went ok...humidity is a killer- glad it isn't an issue out my way!

12:15 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

the skirts look interesting. I hope you like yours!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home