<

3/26/2006

Hello, Lover

As Carrie Bradshaw would say in Sex and the City to her Jimmy Choo high heels, so I say to my new Nike Air 360s. More money than I have ever spent on running shoes before, but worth every penny.


They carried me through my 15 miler today. I had the usual aches that go along with running 15 miles, but the shoes were great. It was a risky move, wearing new shoes for a long run, but I am happy to say that the risk paid off.
Here's what the run looked liked today:
6 miles: 58:19
rest: 6:49 to stop at house, hydrate, and change jackets
4.5 miles: 47:46 (ran to the lake)
rest: 9:23 (gel, water, stretch, and picture taking to share w/you)
4.5 miles: 41:59

Overall, I had about 16 minutes of non-running time, and 2:30 of running time, for a total of 15 miles.

And here are some pictures of Lake Erie. Isn't it beautiful? Only a few more months, and I'll be swimming in it! These are pictures of Huntington Beach, the site of a really great sprint tri that I do in August. That's downtown Cleveland off in the distance.



--------------------------------------------
And on a side note, Rob has a recent post about a couple of things he would like to accomplish at some point in his life, one of which is skydiving. I commented on his blog that it is an amazing experience, and one he should definitely do, if he is so inclined.

I did it back in 1999, when my then-boyfriend, now-husband took me for my birthday. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Bar none. Although I do not consider myself deeply religious, a word that I think aptly describes the experience is "spiritual."



It was a tandem jump, so I jumped with an instructor who was strapped to my back. We had a short training session beforehand, and then jumped. I highly recommend it. If there are any NEOhioans interested, we did it through Aerohio.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, filled with great training, great food, and great friends. Have a good week!

9 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Nice kicks! And a great run, too! And hey...you ran right by my house! How funny!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

You ran 15 miles in new shoes and no blisters? Then you got a great pair of shoes. Good for you! Lake Erie looks beautiful.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great run!! Congrats on the new shoes and I love all the pics!

Sky diving is DEF something I plan to do one day. It looks like so much fun!

7:16 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

awesome new shoes! Love this song!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

What a fab post Buckeye - my favourite song of all time, pictures of something I've always wanted to try, and new running shoes!

I have this version on my IPod but now I can't find it... oh no..

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Someday Buckeye. I will definitely do a tandem jump and will probably need a pair of Depends as well. Thanks for the great pics.

9:04 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Nice shoes!!! Nice Run!!! Nice Pics!!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Thanks for pix of Lake Erie! Brings back many sweet memories for me!
Want to get back someday (next year?) and do the "Escape from Lake Erie"- It's an Alcatraz qualifier (currently) so we shall see what they decide in 2007!
Congrats on a great run! Isn't it fun to have new shoes!?

2:27 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

Great Shoes!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home