<

3/04/2006

Friday Night Was A Bust

Welp, despite my good intentions, I was a complete slug Friday night, and never made it to the pool. Didn't really accomplish a darn thing, but I guess you'll have that.

I tried to make up for it this morning, though, by going to spinning class at 8 a.m., and then hitting the pool. My first brick of the year! In reverse order, I know but class was a 8, and the gym didn't open until 8, so I had to go in reverse order.

Spinning was really good. I thought I was doing well at pacing myself for a good workout, keeping my heartrate up and the resistance at a good setting, but I must have been overdoing it, because about 3/4s of the way through class, the instructor actually got off her bike, and started coming over to me asking me if I was ok! How embarrassing. Hasn't she ever seen someone sweating like a pig in a spinning class before? And if that doesn't beat all, after class, I was in the hallway eating a PowerBar, and she asked me again if I was ok. Good grief!

After I stopped sweating, I changed into my suit and hit the water:
W/U: 150
Set1: 1250 (1 length hard,1 easy, 2 easy, 2 hard, 3 easy, 3 hard, 4,4,5,5,4,4,3,3,2,2,1,1)
Set2: 400 pull
IM:100 (fly,bk,fr,fr)
100 (bk,br,fr,fly)
100 (br,fr,fly,bk)
100 (free,fly,bk,br)
C/D: 300
Total:2500yds

Tomorrow is my 15K race. TriEric will be there, and his wife will be running. Hopefully we'll get to meet up, I'll make sure to bring my camera to post pictures.
As for goal time, my last 15K was in September, and the time was 1:21:51. It was warmer then, though. Depending on how I feel, I should come in right around that time. (I have to do a 3 mile cool down after the race, though, cause HH prescribes a 12 miler for me this weekend.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a tough brick session! Nice work

Good luck for tomorrow (or, given its Sunday night Sydney-time, I should be saying today!)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

8:00 on a Saturday morning is simply wrong...

How'd it go today?

6:57 AM  
Blogger D said...

How embarrassing. I'd be afraid to do her class again! :)

I hope your race went well. Looking forward to your post.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Wow--must have been a great workout! Way to scare the instructor! :) ha ha

How'd the race go???

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home