<

2/26/2006

Cutting Corners Seems To Be My Specialty

Yeah, that's right - I cut some corners this week. I was supposed to have an 18 mile week - 3 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday, and 7 on Saturday. I actually did 2 on Tuesday, 3 on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday, and 6 on Saturday. I was 4 miles short this week. I am trying not to feel too bad - I keep telling myself it's only February. March and April will be higher mileages, and more critical to my Cleveland '06 training. I also skipped spinning on Saturday - dentist appointment. It's just as well - I heard that it was our New Age spinning instructor, the lady that plays Enya during our hill climbs.

Next weekend I have the Catch A Leprechan race. It's a 30K or 15K. My husband is doing the 30K. I think I am going to do the 15K, because it's a little early in my training to bust out 18 some miles. After the 15K I will add another 3, because next week's long run is 12 miles.

Aside from running, I swam today, 2550 yards, and it felt pretty good. My neck is doing much better (knock wood) and I am still being cautious, using a heat pad after working out.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Have a good week!

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Enya during a hill climb? That's just not right.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I second Rob! That ain't right!!! That would lull me to sleep. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger D said...

It's early yet - don't stress. Good luck in your race next weekend!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Hollyfish said...

UGH!! Enya!!?? That's way worse than Benny and the Jets or Candle in the Wind... I HATE when the spinning instructor plays lame music...

Good job on your mileage this week - 14 miles is still really great and along with the swim, you're doing fine. Keep it up! Next week will rock!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Run well at Leprechan. I won't be running and may not even make it up there to volunteer, hip issues.

Enya is good....for going to sleep.

11:03 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

dang. youngstown is next weekend or the 30k would be perfect as Hal calls for an 18 miler.

Good luck with the 15K!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Enya during the climb is simply wrong...where's the motivation in that?

Don't worry about the miles too much. There are great weeks and crappy weeks. You still moved...and you still planned. That counts.

I must protest the hoobastank...they make me want to drive a screwdriver into my ear drum...I swear this song is played 10 times a day on our radio stations...we only have three radio stations...and they all have the same format. This translates into Hoobastanc 30 times per day...please help me.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Enya??? That's just wrong.

Catch a Lep is such a cute race name! I bet the shirts are really cute.

4 missing miles is nothing to beat yourself up on, we all do it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Elle,
your wish is my command - gone is the Hooba...How do you like Foo Fighters?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Others have already beat me to all the clever Enya comments; all of which I agree with wholeheartedly.

I'm glad to hear your neck is feeling better.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Your right it's only Feb. no need to beat yourself up over light training week.
Hope you have a good catch at the Leprechan race.
Have Fun!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck at the race this weekend!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Who plays ENYA during CLIMBS? Ugh, I'd go to the dentist for sure over listening to that.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Enya during a hill climb?? That's just criminal!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home