<

2/10/2006

Citius, Altius, Fortius


Swifter, Higher, Stronger.

I'm ready, folks. Even though some of my favorite sports are in the Summer Olympics, I still am really looking forward to the start of the winter games. The opening ceremonies start tonight, and I will be parked in front of the t.v. watching them. I am excited for ice skating, hockey, biathlon, skeleton, and the skiing. What are your favorite events to watch?

As far as working out goes, I ran 3 on Monday, off Tuesday, 4 on Wednesday, and 3 on Thursday. I developed yet another painful muscle spasm in my neck, so I stayed out of the pool this week. I have my spinning class on Saturday, and a 9 miler scheduled for this weekend, too. Hopefully I can get back in the water on Sunday.

10 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

I'm so pumped, too! I love the opening ceremonies. I can't wait to watch snowboarding, ice skating, and speed skating. :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Wish I can see them.but busy with training..

10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder. My wife enjoys the figure skating. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, really it's my wife who enjoys it not me.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Biathlon is cool how they control their heart rate and breathing while shooting. Simply amazing. Most of the downhill sports are what rock for me.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I actually have a full week of annual leave booked...just for the festivities...I'm such a junkie..

4:21 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

hope your neck stops tweaking out. What a pain!

No Olympics for us this year as we have no TV :) Or rather no cable or antenna.

But I am sure I can check out the highlights via the internet. I am not a huge winter olympics fan anyhow.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Backofpack said...

I prefer the summer games too. I mostly watch whatever my husband or son turns on. I do like those opening ceremonies though!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

The luge freaks me out - what are they thinking? Skating is always fun for us Canadians... watch Emmanuel Sandhu win the short and then bet how many times he will fall down in the long... I never watch NHL hockey but I will watch it during the Olympics. Should be interesting this year with the gambling scandal brewing.

Do you have any idea the collective nervous breakdown Canada would have if The Great One (Gretzky) really is involved?

5:47 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Now this song just reminds me of that nike commercial :)

I love the "global"ness of the olympics. I am more a summer games gal as well, but am watching women's hockey right now. I like the snowboarding events, too. Even though I can't snowboard to save my life... actually I stopped snowboarding to save my life. haha.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I LOVE the Olympics!! I'm looking forward to snowboarding, luge, skiing, speed skating, all of it really!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home