<

2/05/2006

The New Video Says It All

I've been a bad blogger. I let this whole week pass without a veritable post detailing training, or anything at all. Why the lapse, you may wonder? Well, I am chalking it up to a case of the mid-winter blahs (I am a self-diagnosed sufferer of seasonal affective disorder,
coupled with a hellish week at work, where mediocrity and insanity reign supreme. But enough of that. What have I been up to training-wise? Well, last week wasn't a complete loss. I managed to get a few good runs in, 3 on Monday, 6 on Wednesday, and 3 on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, I had my first spinning class - you can just call me Taz.


In my monthly training log, I marked I biked for 50 minutes. The first 10, however, were spent just lightly spinning, and adjusting the bikes. The bikes used are the ones from the original Spinning program, and can be seen here. Our instructor was decent, but her choice of music was not my taste. She tended toward New Age-y type stuff, and was super perky! Give me some Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven" for a hill climb any day over some New Age stuff. But overall, the class wasn't bad. After our first standing climb, I could feel my heart rate soaring. I ended the class completely soaked, and tired.

As a treat, later in the day, I took in "Brokeback Mountain," and "Hotel Rwanda." Four thumbs up.

This morning I made it to the pool early. I neglected my swimming last week, so I wanted to try to redeem myself today. I filched a workout from Elizabeth and Curly Su's swim camp, (Thanks for posting your workouts, Elizabeth!), and hammered out a good workout this morning:

wu 4 x (100 swim, 100 stroke, 50 kick) /1000
5 x 200 @ 3:00 /2000
5 x 150 @ 2:15 /2750
5 x 100 @ 1:30 /3250
5 x 50 @ 1:00 /3500
2 x 250 pull /4000
50 cool down /4050
(Total time, 1:13:52)

As for running this weekend, my HH training program calls for a 5 miler today, but it is so snowy and windy, I headed downstairs to my 'mill for an easy two mile run. (I took the dog for a walk last night in a rain/snow mix, and the sidewalks were slushy and messy. I must have been walking funny in my Timberland boots to overcompensate for the messy conditions, because ever since last night, my right knee is really sore. Hence the easy two - no sense in hurting myself this early in the season.)

Oh, and in case you hadn't heard, Lance and Sheryl? Uh, yeah, stick a fork in 'em, cause they're done. (Sorry to be so gleeful for all you Sheryl fans, but I am an admirer of Kristin Armstrong.)

Well, I hope that everyone is having a great weekend, and training hard. Buckeyerunner, out.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Too bad about Sheryl and Lance....i mean..oh this means Sheryl is available :D.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not that much of a sufferer of the seasonal blahs, but this past week was a tough one for me as well. You still managed to get quite a bit of exercising in despite the weather. Some people do not even get out of bed this time of year. I like your choice of music. I like Lance and all, but I am a Kristen fan as well.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey! Great job on that swim! Yeah, this weather kinda blows...unless of course it results in a "snow day." :)Hotel Rwanda is an AMAZING movie. I was sort of glad to hear the Lance news, too, as Kristin rocks...I always gotta root for the underdog! :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

The was an awesome swim. I'm hoping my swims will be back up to snuff this week.

4:38 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

go. steelers.

(just for you! :) )

6:27 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh, I am a Kristen fan too, but they were over long before Sheryl came along. I liked them together. I am a fan of both of theirs, even before they got together.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

I can't believe it took Lance this long to come to his senses. Better late than never, I guess.

10:13 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Thanks, Mouse!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

sheryl -- here i am baby! come and get me!!

ok, play an AC/DC vid, and all is forgiven... if only Thunderstruck was available -- i'd play it for a month straight!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Wasn't Hotel Rwanda fantastic! Great swimmin' there missy...

I myself...am not a big Sheryl and Lance fan. I always tend to favour the scorned underdog...the one who was there through the tough times as it were..

E

4:40 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I was wondering why I hadn't come across any posts from you in my blog catch-up reading! Welcome back! I swear, do we work at the same hellish place????

Great job with the workouts. I am SO ready for spring. It was actually still daylight (sorta) when we got home so even though it was 32 we still went for a walk!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home