<

1/22/2006

Weekend Wrap-up

Here we are again, bloggers. The end of the weekend (sigh). This is how the rest of my weekend shaped up. I went to the pool on Saturday and had a decent workout. I did 6 x 500s (7:50, 8:10, 8:04, 8:18, 8:12, 8:19, 48:54 total) with a 150 cool-down.

I totally vegged Saturday night. I rented Redeye and Must Love Dogs. Both were pretty good rentals. "Redeye" was pretty suspenseful, and "Must Love Dogs" was your typical romantic comedy.

Today, I did my first "long" run of the HH marathon program. According to the program, I was only supposed to do 6 miles, but can you really call it a long run if you only run for an hour? I didn't think so, so I went ahead and did 8 miles in 1:20. I felt pretty good during the run, but my legs tightened up later in the day. This has been my longest run since my Fall Classic half, and I could tell. Thinking about all the really long runs to come, I am feeling somewhat daunted about the marathon in May. I'll do another 8 miles next week (HH calls for a 7 miler) and then should be pretty primed to start into double digits in February. My husband is also running Cleveland, but he is doing that FIRST running program, so our training is quite different.

After my run, we loaded the dog into the car to grab lunch, and ran some errands.

I ate lunch at Panera's and had a pretty healthy meal: veggie black bean soup, and asian chicken salad. (Ignore the bag of chips on the left side of the plate.)

The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around the local library, and watching some of the Steelers game. I am not a football fan, but I did want to see who won the game. My brother, who lives for Steelers' football was pretty happy.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

13 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Thanks for your kind support Buckeye. I intend to do everything possible to stay postive and treat this incident as just a bad bounce of the ball... a temporary setback...it doesn't need to end my marathon dream.

What is it about this stupid dream anyway? Perhaps this question is of no interest to you, having already completed several marathons... but, I wonder why I am so obsessed.

As a way to keep believing, I have posted my ideal race calendar for the upcoming year.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Congrats on the launch of your marathon program!! I can't wait to follow all your adventures. Our weather has been SO nasty this weekend, we've been total vegetables as well!

10:56 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

You'll have to update us every once in a while on your hubby's progress too. I heard about that plan, but for some reasons "running 3x per week" and "marathon" just don't mesh well for me. It would be nice to hear how it goes.

I totally know what you mean about 6 not really being a "long" run! I feel the same way sometimes.

and I too was rooting for the steelers yesterday (although I'm not quite as interested now that the team I love and the team I hate are out of it!). I have money on the Steelers going all the way, so you can count me as a fan at least until the superbowl.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Haha, it's funny but true. One hour does not qualify for long run no more.

12:27 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Hi Buckeye! Awesome swim splits. 7:50 dang you're fast!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Flo said...

Great run!! Cute dog!!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Nice weekend! Superbowl is the buzz around here too....seahawks!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Hollyfish said...

very cute poochie. I thought Must Love Dogs was adorable. Nice job with your workouts...sounds like you're gearing up!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job! As a faithful Browns fan, I wanted both the Steelers AND the Broncos to lose. Since that's not possible, I had to "sort of" root for Pittsburgh ONLY because I went to Miami U like Big Ben. So now it's Seahawks all the way! :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Good job on the "long" run - but don't overdo it too often, or else you might get injured. Then we might whinge in unison.

12:48 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I find with marathon training that its better to stay in the moment ie don't look too far ahead at what's in store. So I tend to focus on the training for that day and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Gorgeous dog!

12:16 AM  
Blogger D said...

(Our coffee results matched I'm embarrassed to say.... Although in real life I do not like my coffee black!)

I wish I could swim like you! Happy Running!

9:33 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Susan,

Hee Hee...I did eat the chips. Yum.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home