<

1/07/2006

Check Me Out

Hello Bloggers, and Happy Saturday! What do you think of my new header? Runner Susan was kind enough to take some time out of her holiday celebrations to create this great new header for me. Isn't it cool? So I want to send out a big THANK YOU to Runner Susan. You keep a lot of us bloggers stylin' and profilin'.

I didn't post much this week; it's been hard getting back into the groove of the regular workday. But I have been trying to keep up with my running.
12/31: 3 miles
1/1: 6 miles
1/2: 3 mile treadmill run, swim 1750 yards
1/3: 3 mile run
1/4: 3 mile treadmill run
1/5: 3 mile run
1/6: off
1/7: 4 mile run, with a swim planned for later today.

On Friday night, I had every intention of trying out Elizabeth's and Curly Su's 3000 yd workout they did on 1/5/06. Unfortunately, I forgot the the Westlake High School Swim team had a meet. So, I bagged the swim last night, and will have to do it this afternoon.

So, you may ask, what did I do instead? Get on the trainer, you say? Oh no. I ate McDonalds, and curled up with a book. (Yes, I did see "Super Size Me," but nothing beats a double cheeseburger, large fries, and a strawberry sundae. Except maybe the McDonalds breakfast combo. What can I say? It's one of my vices.)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, so far!

12 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

ah, you received a visit from the header fairy too... isn't she wonderful! she did such a good job on yours too! um, two thumbs up!!

your frequency was outstanding through a tough training/vacation period! um, a two p-dawg salute!!

if you have a Tanita in your life, like me, i hope she didn't read today's post -- 'cause let me assure you: You've got mail!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

It's a great header. I also love the Verve song you have - sometimes I click over just to hear it.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new header! As for Mc-Ds, curled up with a book... (long sigh) Man that sounds good. Kudos for treating yourself!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I love the new header!

Good on you for treating yourself. I confess that I just lurve McD's breakfasts!

What are you reading?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Papa Tweet said...

How jelous am I of your new header? That is some sweet action!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Papa Tweet said...

How jelous am I of your new header? That is some sweet action!

9:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

I love the Header. Susan is so talented! Thank goodness MCD's doesn't have much for the vegetarian! LOL. Thanks for your recent comments. Did you get your swim in today?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Love the new header, it looks great!! I'm a sucker for McDs fries, but they are a little tougher to eat after SuperSize me!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Mmmmmmmmm....strawberry sundae........ :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Susan did my header too - a very talented person! Anyway I love it - its great!

Unfortunately my weekend started off badly - tripped and fell when out running yesterday. Now I'm feeling sore and sorry for myself :-(

6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the consistency with the runs. I have to admit that most of the time after a 50K the first meal I want is McDondalds. I think it is all the salt and fat that I need afterwards. Nothing is more satisfying than that first bite.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i usually go with a tall beer after long runs. maybe i should try mcd's?

cool header!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home