<

12/12/2005

The snow has got to go.

Unfortunately, I think it's here to stay. We got another blast of old man winter tonight, and the snow just keeps coming down! Where does it all come from?? Gah!

To update you all on my weekend, it went fairly smoothly. The most important task of registering for my biking class was successfully completed. My husband to the gym early Saturday morning to ensure that we get the classes we wanted. Good thing, too, because he got there at 7:30 a.m., and there were long lines already formed. Kiddie swim lessons seemed to be the hot ticket item, with spinning not far behind. I am happy to report that I am enrolled in Saturday morning classes beginning 2/4/06 -- 2/25/06, and 3/4/06 -- 4/25/06. This is good, because it leaves me the month of January to start riding my bike on my trainer, as preparation for the classes. I haven't ridden my bike since August (gasp).

When we got back into town on Sunday afternoon, the lake effect snow machine had started churning again, so I was relegated to my first dreadmill run of the season. 6 miles in the basement while watching "A Christmas Story" and "Dirty Dancing." Can you say "mind numbing?"

After last night's eternity on the hamster wheel, I just had to run outside, no matter the snow. I went for a slow 3 miles. I think that if this snow keeps up, I will be back on the treadmill this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

How much longer til Spring? We don't have the snow you guys have but I am just sick of cold weather and people coughing and sneezing on me everywhere I go. Ugh!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

*loud gasp*

but, it's all about the bike! luckily, you have time to recover.

*says* mind numbing.

12:51 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

cool vid. Thank goodness I don't own a treadmill and just have to face the snow :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Running in the snow is my favorite thing about winter. At least running on fresh snow not the ice that sticks around afterwards.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Papa Tweet said...

Oh, I feel your pain on the cold weather training. I'm training for IM Arizona in April. Yep, that means a lot of cold training here in Utah. Home of the "Greatest Snow on Earth". Don't worry, we'll get through it. In the long run, we'll be tougher as a result. First time on your blog, I like it. I'll be checking in.
Benny

6:20 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Gotta love the "Lake Effect" we got, huh? I have to admit I do love running in the snow. But when it dips below 20 degrees, I'm toast. (or should I say, ice?) Then it's me, the dreadmill, and SportsCenter.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home