<

11/22/2005

What I Am Thankful For

Thanks again, RBFers, for all the well-wishes on the half! You guys are the best! When I started this blogventure, I didn't expect that blogging would help me work out any harder, or make me want to improve my times any more...I just wanted a place to talk about my running obsession more than my "real life" friends would allow. But actually, I am discovering that my blog, and my "Blogging Friends," are motivating me more than I thought! Whenever I want to just lay on the couch, or not work out, or not run, or not go to the pool, I think: "But what will I tell my bloggin' friends about??"

Anyway, I don't want to wax sentimental all night, just wanted to say that my Bloggin' Friends are some pretty cool people, and are a few of the many things that I am thankful for!

And on the exercise front, I didn't run yesterday, because as Curly Su said, I am "stupidly sore." My quads are still really sore today. But I came home from work, and my dog was bouncing off the walls, so I sucked it up, and took her for a quick 2 mile jog. More like my suicide shuffle - a gait most likely to be seen at the last 10k of any marathon I run.

After that, I went to the pool to get a quick swim in. Here's the workout:
W/U: 200 swim, 100 Kick, 100 Pull
Fly Set: 4 x 75 (fly, fr, fly), (fr, fly, fr), (fly, fr, fr), (fr, fr, fly)
100 fly kick
Back Set: 200 swim
4 x 25 (15 sec rest)
4 x 50 (I actually swam this free, because I was just sick of backstroke)
Breast Set: 100 swim
6 x 25 on :60
Free Set: 8 x 50 on :70
W/D: 200 swim (choice)
That's about 2000 yards - took me 44:18 minutes.

I am taking off work tomorrow. I may try to swim again in the morning, or I may just try another short run. We'll see what the morning brings. Buckeyerunner, out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

i experienced a similar thing... when i came to blogland, i thought what a bunch of loons, and quickly dismissed them, ... then, after months of lurking, i discovered that this group of TRIbloggers was like geese flying in a V... always anxious for someone to take the lead and inspire, but quick to honk encouragement, be ready to step into the lead in the V, and occassionally, bite the goose's ass that was falling out of formation...

thanks for the kind words for the loons that turned out to be gooses... um, enuf said.

take care, bold.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That looks like quite an impressive workout so soon after the half. Is it really the blog that keeps you so motivated?

4:13 AM  
Blogger Hollyfish said...

COOL!! A competitive swimmer we can pick the brains of!! We'll be counting on you to point us in the right form direction and motivate us all to get to the pool! Thanks for stopping by my blog...and have a great holiday!

8:34 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

are you an east or west sider? I need to find a pool now that we are in a house with the quickness before all is lost ;)

We are in Euclid now. I heard the Y isn't great. Any input on a good east side or downtown place to swim would be more than welcome!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel the same way about the blogging experience. It definitely keeps me motivated to get out there and do something. Nice swim workout!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great race!!! (Sorry - I'm a bit late!)

I never thought I would be so addicted to blogging...but I can talk, read, write about running all day long! Again congrats on an awesome race!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home