<

11/14/2005

Tell Me Where It Hurts

My faithful friend and I went for a chilly, dark, 3-mile run this evening. Before we got her, I hated to run by myself in the dark. But now, she is my courage. Isn't she gorgeous?


Anyway, back to the substance of this post. I'll tell you where it hurts. The soleus of both my legs is so SORE! See below:

I rarely get sore there, so I am wondering what I did this weekend, or what was wrong with my running gait to make it so sore. I may not run tomorrow, to see if it gets better for Wednesday. The Stick would be a good gadget to help rub out some of that lactic acid in my calves.

Bolder's idea of 'what I bought this week' is a great one. The Stick could be my buy of the week! Meb uses it, so it must be good. Meb Keflezighi - Stick User Article. I would definitely have at least one new running gadget, gizmo, or outfit to boast about each week. I'll stretch tonight, and lather on the Theragesic. Will keep you posted on my progress.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the recovery. It's always good to have extra running gadgets.

9:38 PM  
Blogger D said...

Beautiful Dog....and intimidating enough to keep weirdos away while you are running solo!

Thanks for the note on the water running - I may give it a shot.

A few days rest may not be a bad idea for you! I hate these mysterious injuries...ugh!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I thought it's only guys who need to buy a new gadget each week ....

6:12 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

I have a stick! I don't use it nearly as much as I should, but I do use it when something's sore, and it seems to work. I bought it at the expo at the Flying Pig marathon this past spring. I had a great time telling my ex-boyfriend that some cute young guy convinced me I should pay for his stick! :o All the runners got the joke, but the lay people (my ex included) thought it was quite scandelous!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home