<

10/27/2005

Is that the sun I see??

Finally! I ran this evening, and I could finally see the sun! What a relief. I was so sick of running in the rain and cloudy cold this week. I ran 3 on Monday and Tuesday, took off Wednesday, and did 3 this evening. Will try to do some longer mileage this weekend (the forecast promises prime autumnal weather), and get in the pool. I also need to bring my bike in from the garage, and get it on the trainer. My husband has already been biking, but I need to start. Ugh. Our local rec center is starting spinning classes this winter, and I am excited about that. I used to take spinning classes at my old gym, and thought they were great. I am hoping to do the majority of my tri training through those classes.

I changed the sidebar of my blog to reflect cool races that someday I hope to do. This is by no means a complete list, just some of the top ones. I still haven't finalized my racing schedule for next year - still teetering on 1/2 IM issue. Definitely an Olympic is in the future. Most likely I will do the Cleveland Olympic Tri, because it is local, and would be a good one to tackle for my first Olympic.

There is a 5 mile Halloween race this weekend that I am debating about doing. I am thinking it might be a good idea, because the mileage isn't too bad, and it will allow me to get me some speedwork in, something I haven't done it a while. Maybe I will take some pictures if I go, because there is supposed to be costumes...it could be pretty funny. I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow's Friday! Yippee!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

What's an Olympic tri? I'm definately a newbie to the tri language - but I KNOW I'd like to start at the sprint distance sometime next year!!

Good luck if you do end up racing this weekend!

10:03 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hey Rae! I'm glad to hear you may start with a sprint tri next year! They are super fun. The Olympic is kind of like the middle distance of tri - 1.5 K swim(just under a mile), 40 K (25 mile) bike, and 10 K run. Have a great weekend!

6:19 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Is the 5 miler downtown? I think I did one last year around this time, the bench bar run. It was flat but windy. Not too many people but a good way to get in a tempo run!

1:01 PM  
Blogger About Me: said...

the chicago tri's on my wish list too. i saw the tv coverage for it and it looked amazing!

too bad for missing halloween run but nice swim!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home