<

10/08/2005

Autumn has arrived

Brrr...It's official. Fall is here. It has been raining for about 36 hours, and it's cold, and damp. I couldn't quite face up to a run this morning, so I headed to the pool for a workout, and pilates class after that. The pool was unusually crowded this morning because of swim lessons going on that took up 4 lanes. I was forced to share a lane with someone -- I haven't shared a lane in many years, so I kept an eye out for the little kiddies to be done and scooted over to a free lane asap. Bliss. Ended up going for about 1900 SC meters before jumping out for my class. (The rest of my running week shaped up to be 4 on Wed., 3 on Thurs., and off on Friday.)

Tomorrow, though, no matter what the weather, I have to get out for 8 miles. I will be thinking of all the RBFers out there, and wishing you all well. I am looking forward to the race reports on Monday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

I love doing pilates! I think it's really strengthend my core and made me a much stronger runner. I can't wait until our Y opens so I can swim!!!!

Have a great run!

9:59 AM  
Blogger D said...

Cool new photo on your header! So, for a non-swimmer like me, explain how you share a lane with someone. I need to try swimming. It is such a great full body workout....I just never do it! Good luck on your 8-miler and thanks for the nice comments on my site!

8:31 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hey dgc - Thanks for visiting!
Glad you like the new header. I have been experimenting with jazzing up the site.
Well, when you share a lane, you "circle swim." Go up one side of the lane, and down the other. It usually works pretty well.

6:31 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks for the explanation - makes sense.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home