<

10/24/2005

9 is the new 12

Well, the 12 miler didn't go so hot this weekend. The first six went by in 59 minutes, but it only took 3 more miles for me to completely throw in the towel. It was slightly rainy, and windy. Nothing in particular hurt, but everything in general did. My lower back was sore, and my hips joints felt like they were lined in sandpaper. I finished at 9. I should have pushed the rest of the way through, and sometimes, I can, but I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I will have squeeze in 6 miler this week, and go 10 next week, or else I will really be hurting on the 6th. The weather this week is going to be less than ideal, too. Rainy with highs of 50. I guess I will have to run between the raindrops, or face the "dreadmill," as the Running Chick would say.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Same here! The weather yesterday was absolutely miserable. It has to have been one of the toughest, worst runs I've ever had. I would have thrown in the towel around mile 8 if I wasn't running with my husband. (What I didn't know was that he was feeling miserable too!)

8:10 PM  
Blogger D said...

Sometimes you just have to go w/what you are feeling! Your next run will be amazing!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home