<

11/05/2005

Weather Outlook: Does Not Look Good

Welp, here is the weather forecasted for tomorrow: Windy. Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning...then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts approaching 45 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Oh well. On the bright side, at least it will be in the 60's.

Hopefully, though, the rain will stop just long enough for me to finish the race in dry shoes. We'll see.

As for running this week, I took it easy. I ran 3 on Tuesday and Wednesday, 2 on Thursday, 3 on Friday, and today I got in the pool for a quick 1700 yards. Tomorrow is the half. I am hoping to come in under 2:00.

To update you on my ever-evolving 2006 race schedule, I REALLY want to run the Twin Cities Marathon in October. It is touted to be the prettiest urban marathon, and is capped at 10,500 participants. Most all the reviews on Marathonguide were very positive. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have a winner! Twin Cities 2006! I am still thinking about a possible spring marathon, as well. If I travel to one in the fall, I will likely do Cleveland, again, in the spring. My old stand-by.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck in the half! Big Sur is on my marathon wishlist as well. I hear the scenery is spectacular.

12:27 AM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hi Rob,
Whidbey Island Marathon looks pretty cool, too. Is that near you?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I don't know if you read the other Brent's blog (Poignant Irrel.) but he ran Twin Cities in October as his first marathon. I have a link to him from my site if you want to check it out.

11:00 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hey thanks, Rae! I will definitely check it out!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home