<

11/01/2005

Reflective Vest?

As I was out the door tonight, my husband reminded me to put on my reflective vest. It was pitch dark out at 6 p.m.! I dread the early evenings, and can only look forward to longer days. But I went out anyway, and tried to embrace the darkness. I tried to think of it as mental toughness training for triathlon. Trying to enjoy that which you don't (e.g. getting up early to work out, riding the bike in traffic, a freezing cold pool at 6:00 a.m. etc. etc.)

On Sunday, I ran long. I can't say how many miles, because I varied my route from my six miler. I can't even really say how long, time-wise, because at 49 minutes or so, I accidentally hit the reset button on my watch. I started my watch again, and finished at 42 minutes. So I went for about an hour and a half, at about a 10 minute/mile pace, so I am guessing that I went about 9 miles. How's that for guesstimation! I didn't run on Monday, as it was Halloween, and by the time I got home from work, it was time to start passing out candy.

I, like Runner Susan, will try to take it easy towards the end of the week before the half.

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

the dark running is not fun. I may have to suck it up and start running in the morning.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Good luck in your half this weekend! We're doing one on Saturday as well. I'm actually starting to get used to running in the dark and the sound of the leaves crunching under foot, but I can't wait til spring!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home