<

11/11/2005

I Should Take Fridays Off More Often

Well, I am sorry to say that I didn't do a track workout today. But I am happy to report that I ran 12 miles today. It was a great morning to run, so I figured I better take advantage of the weather, and log my long run. It was so nice to run in the daylight, and see what everyone is doing during the day. Lots of yard work was getting done, as was a lot of dog walking.

I finished the first six in 1:01:02. At the turnaround, I stretched, had a Power Gel, and some water, stretched (4 minutes, 17 seconds) and headed back out. I finished the second six in 1:00:51. I really think I need to get some new shoes, though. I have Mizuno Inspires, right now (my last 2 pairs were Mizuno Wave Riders), and I felt like I had concrete blocks for shoes! I hate to get new shoes, as I have only had the Inspires since August, but they just aren't feeling good. I will troll around for some new kicks this weekend. I'll let you know what I end up with.

An especially delicious part of my Friday off was sneaking out to a movie at 4:00 p.m., when usually I would be counting the minutes until quitting time. I saw "Derailed." Pure entertainment for a couple of hours. It wasn't cinematic genius, but it grabs you, and keeps you guessing. I liked it.

Tomorrow I will log some yards in the pool. I'll post my workout later this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Great run! I wish we had had today off, I didn't even know it was a holiday! Have a great weekend and good luck with the shoes. I just changed from my Mizuno Wave Alchemy's to a pair of Pearls and the Pearls are definately more lightweight.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home