<

11/20/2005

Running Jacket, Capris, MP3, Chocolate Blast AND Espresso Love

Above are just a few of the decisions I finally made this morning. I probably could have gone with just a long sleeve T, but I overdressed, again. Other than that, it was a great day to run. I got there early, got a good parking spot, and yippee, there was a port-a-john waiting for those of us who parked farther away this year (the last two years, the lines at the port-a-johns were staggering.)

The weather was A-1, thankfully. Cool and sunny. Infinitely better than the weather on November 6th. I sat in my car for a bit and listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters, and wrote down my goal time. A habit from my old swimmin' days. 1:59.

It is an out an back course through part of the Cleveland Metropark system. I love the out and back course. You can see the speedsters coming back, and cheer on your friends who are faster. I saw B. and P. (they have wings, I swear), and I also saw another little speed demon, Elizabeth! I yelled her name. I don't think she knew who I was, but she waved.

Here are my splits. I only have the first 10 miles, and my finish time, though:
mile 1: 10:00
mile 2: 8:55
mile 3: 9:44
mile 4: 8:34
mile 5: 8:51
mile 6: 9:05
mile 7: 9:13
mile 8: 9:29
mile 9: 9:19
mile 10: 9:57 (This brought me to 1:33:12. I knew then I would not make my goal of 1:59. Knees ok, feeling some pain in my low back and left hip. So now, I just wanted to be as close to 2:00 as possible.)
finish time: last 3 took 31:20, and my finish time was 2:04.

Fall Classic 2003 was 2:11:40, 2004 was 1:58:49. Better luck next year for breaking the two! All in all, a good day. I am glad I finished. I kept worrying I would have another DNF. Now I can erase that memory, for good!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes, folks! They made a difference, I am sure.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Woo hoo!! Great time!! WAY TO GO!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

well done!

that must have been satisfying crossing that puppy off the list!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it through and the weather was better than last time. Sounds like you had a good time.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! we're about the same speed...we should meet next time and push each other along!

6:19 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

excellent race. That DNF is nothing but a distant memory. Way to go!

6:47 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Great Job! We figured out who you were when you yelled! We looked for you after that but couldn't spot you.

9:32 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Thanks, guys!
Have a great holiday, everyone!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home