<

12/08/2005

Christmas Crud of 2005

In college, we called it the "campus crud." You know it - the flu that everyone seemed to get in the winter, and just pass around to one another. Well, it's baaaack, and I've dubbed it the Christmas Crud of 2005. Last week my husband had it. A nasty uninvited houseguest of the stomach flu variety. I washed sheets, and bathroom rugs, scrubbed toilets, disinfected surfaces, took my vitamin C, and hoped for the best. All for nothing, because at 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, I woke to stomach cramps, night sweats, and you don't want to know what else. Blech.

Needless to say, I called off work Tuesday, dragged myself back to work on Wednesday, and am starting to eat a bit more today. I hope that is the last I see of the Crud until next Christmas!!

Aside from my stomach, the Crud wreaked havoc on my workouts this week. Not much to report, although I did get in a 4 mile run on Monday and 3 mile run in this evening before the snow hits. Pathetic.

And did I mention that I have yet to start Christmas shopping?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Get well soon. At least so you can get some shopping done.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

awww crud.

i'm likin' the header pic if that makes you feel better...

get well soon!

11:36 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah that crud has been vicious in these parts lately. most people i know either have it or know someone who does. sorry you got invaded. feel better, and enjoy the no-workout days while you don't have to feel guilty about them!

7:34 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

and don't worry, I have yet to even THINK about starting to shop. shopping does not start until finals are done, and that won't be until Monday...

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home