<

11/28/2005

Greed is good.

That's right. I am a greedy girl. For running in the warm weather, that is. It's unbelievable here! This past weekend was c-c-c-old and snowy. But Sunday was a balmy 70, and so was today. The weather being what it was, I felt this irrational, panicky urge to run while the weather was warm, so I did 6 miles yesterday, and 5 miles this evening. I didn't take my watch. I just went out and ran. I felt good on both runs. Maybe that is the trick: Running without a watch -- no muss, no fuss. None of the usual "ouch, my knee," or "oh, that plantar fasciitis," or "I should go for another 20 minutes."

As a bonus to the nice weather, my new Runner's World came in the mail today, so I will get to devour that tonight. It boasts a new marathon training plan inside, so I will be curious to see what the plan is. I still haven't decided on a spring marathon (I should probably do that soon, huh?) but have pretty much committed myself to registering for Twin Cities once online registration is available in April.

My gym will be starting spinning classes this winter. I am really excited. I can finally get back in the saddle. It's pretty pathetic at my house. I try not to look at my Raleigh, leaning against the wall, when I walk past it to do the laundry. Sadly, it has not been on the trainer since I brought it in from the garage. I just can't get psyched about riding it. I give DGC all the credit for riding the bike so much during her injury. Talk about mental toughness! Hopefully, these spinning classes will help me get my biking in this winter. There are two options: an hour long spinning class, and one called "Fire and Ice," where the class is broken up: 30 minutes spinning, and 20 minutes yoga. The classes start in January, and we have been urged to "sign up early, as space is limited." We'll see what classes I can get into.

(P.S. Bolder: Can Ben Stiller make a bad movie? Thanks for you comment re: my B.S. imitation. I take that as a compliment. ;)
(P.P.S. Mouse: GO STEELERS - the streak ends tonight!)

8 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Irrational? Panicky? I think not! Take advantage. We had nice weather over the weekend as well w/Sunday being a little cooler than Saturday. Today, however, is a different story ~ snow flurries. That spinning/yoga class sounds awesome!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do the majority of my running with no watch, however I am anal about knowing how many miles I ran so I usually pre-measure the course. Way to go on the back to back runs. I envy you.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

70 degrees! That's more than twice compared to what I have to put with here.
I bet you don't sppreciate how lucky you are ;-)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Bolder said...

um, 70 Fred, it's like 19F with the windchill here... since I confessed I'm not American in today's post, maybe you can confess where the hell these 70F buckeyes are?

and, .... in da Republic of Bolder... Ben Stiller makes no bad movies...

10:16 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

ooh fire and ice sounds fun! Hope you get in!

11:28 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

I have no idea WHAT happened. Why do teams fall apart against the Colts? it's like they're evil or something...

4:44 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Hmmm, my RW hasn't shown up yet! I guess it's just something to look forward to this week!! I think the spinning plus yoga sounds like fun!

Hasn't the weather been insane? Thurs we had a 52 degree run, Friday a 27 degree run, and Sunday a 65 degree run!

8:29 PM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

Oh, 70 in the end of November. We've had the same nice string of warm days and now snow. You will love TC marathon-it is really beautiful.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home