<

12/03/2005

2005 Reindeer Run

After last night's snow storm, and my 2.5 hour trek home from work last night, I wasn't sure whether I would feel like getting up to face the snow this morning to run my race. But I did, folks. And it wasn't so bad! By the time I left this morning, the roads cleared up nicely, so I knew that the race wouldn't be cancelled or some other such nonsense. I made it to the race site with plenty of time to take some photos. (I knew that I wouldn't PR this 5K, what with the weather and all, so I figured why not lug my camera around with me!)

Check this one out: Think "6 more months until I can swim in Lake Erie."


There were tons of people this year. The weather was cold, but wind was minimal, and the sun even came out for a bit. The main road of the race was clear, but there were some side streets that hadn't really been plowed/salted, so it was pretty messy there. Here is the race start:


Overall, I felt pretty good during the race. During the first mile, my legs were cold, so my muscles were pretty tight. Here are some shots from mile 2 along the course:




My splits were:
mile 1: 8:47
mile 2: 8:11
mile 3.1: 9:28
My watch time was 26:27:26. We'll see what the official results are when they are posted.

Not my fastest 5K, but ok, considering I like running in warm weather better than cold. I am glad that I went, and am sorry to see the 2005 racing season over. Where did the year go?? I am putting together my Complete 2005 Race Results and hope to post that later this weekend.

Don't forget to check out Rae's blog to see how she and her hubby did in their half today!

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Glad you had fun. I was down on the towpath and the weather was lovely.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Way to go! Those are GREAT splits, esp in such gross conditions! It's pretty sad that 2005 racing is coming to an end, isn't it??? I can't wait for 2006 though!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

2.5 hour commute. How far is that? I live about 25 miles from work and had one of those commutes last year. Not fun - glad it was only once.

Nice job on the 5k. You can't compare summer racing versus winter racing.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home