<

12/28/2005

God Provides

As I look over the month of December, and begin to dispair the meager running miles I logged, God provides. A week of mild weather in Cleveland that just so happens to coincide with my week of vacation. What luck. No more icy treacherous sidewalks to contend with, no frigid temperatures to battle. It really does feel like Spring today. What a reprieve. And the whole week should be hovering right in the 40s! And it's December!

So in honor of this awesome weather, I got outside this morning for a nice 9 miler. Considering this is the longest run of the month, I felt pretty good. I did notice some discomfort in my right arch, but nothing too bad. During my run, I thought that it has been a long time since I could run long, and not have any aches/pains other than normal muscle fatigue. I finished the run in 1:26.

I'm thinking of taking in a matinee this afternoon. Possibly Munich. It looks pretty bleak, but I watched a documetary about the '72 Olympic tragedy on ESPN a few nights ago, and I was riveted. I think that this movie is about the fictional aftermath of those Olympics, but it should be interesting, nonetheless.

Hey, whadaya know? The sun is coming out.

9 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new video. One of my fave songs.

Glad you are utilizing this gorgeous weather!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

This weather rocks!!! Yep, I run with the RR Solers--it's a fun group!

2:38 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

How about I send of this rain your way!? :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

Before I forget, one of those movie scenes was definitely Water Boy and another I think was Something about Mary and then I gave up.

Awesome weather to run in! Great run!

9:44 PM  
Blogger D said...

Forgot to add: if you go see that movie, let us know what you thought.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Yeah for no snow!! We had 60's earlier in the week and actually had an outdoor 8 mile run with shorts on! Crazy!! I felt like I had forgotten something important without all the jackets, gloves, tights, hats, etc I've had to wear lately. It makes me so thirsty for spring!! Enjoy your vacation!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you got outside to enjoy the weather in your neck of the woods. If you see Munich let us know what you think. I have seen a documentary on the events as well and I think it is good that they are brining the story back to life for those who know nothing about what happened.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I know it all along..God loves endurance sports..

How else can u explain Paul spread the Good News around Meditterrean? :)

I saw Munich. It is real. I can't say it is bleak. I enjoy Steven Spilberg. I love the way he is able to capture the realism factor.

4:53 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh boy, temperatures hovering n the 40's - thats cold! Here at the moment we are sweltering in 100*F weather - have to run early in the morning to avoid the heat. One extreme to another!

Have a happy new year

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home