<

12/19/2005

Calling All Cyclists

You would be proud. Today I faced my Nemesis. My Achilles Heel. My weakest triathlon discipline. (Too bad that, like Bolder says, it's all about the bike.)

Yep, that's right friends. I got on my bike tonight. Want proof?

One whole hour. Go on, Gear Heads -- laugh at my measly little hour. But bear in mind that I haven't been on the bike since my bike trip in October. With my spinning classes right around the corner, I figured I should start getting my bike on.

This is the unfinished area of our basement that we have converted into our exercise area. It's sparse - not as cool as Ironbenny's bike area, but it serves it's purpose.

I'm actually pretty proud that I was able to bike tonight. I have been having some trouble motivating these days, and my workouts have really felt like WORKouts. And the weather isn't helping at all. I didn't do anything last Thursday, ran 3 on Friday, swam a measly 1350 yards on Saturday, and yesterday I ran 8 treadmill miles (1:20:54).

Bloggers are helping me get through it, though. Reading about Rob's Christmas Marathon, and Rae's awesome 23 miler, and everyone else's athletic feats is helping me do that which I don't always feel like doing! Thank you, People!!

11 Comments:

Blogger D said...

NICE!!! An hour on the bike is tough!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

Hi,

The bike is currently my nemesis also, but I never would have guessed it, having been a bike courier in a previous life.

12:01 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

So its not just me suffering from low motivation levels - thank goodness! Its been a couple of weeks since I got on my bike and I don't know when I'll fit in a ride - maybe after Xmas. I think a bike is pretty awesome so don't feel embarassed.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Soon u will fall in love with biking :)..

9:08 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Just imagine you would have to run all those miles - you might appreciate the bike then

9:16 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Cute Picture!

I can't wait to get my trainer :)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh. the bike. i totally understand how you feel. awesome job with that hour!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

a two p-dawg salute from the Republic!

(one for each wheel!)

nice action shot too! booyah!!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job getting on the bike. I have been tempted by spin classes, but thus far have resisted.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Way to go on the bike AND the long treadmill run! I'm having such a hard time with my midweek workouts with all the holiday 'to-do's'. I'm ready for the holidays to get here just so I have to be ready!!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You must be better at the bike than you think. It took me months to work up to an hour on the trainer!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home