<

1/10/2006

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming.

Well, my neck situation has improved. I have full mobility there, and I don't have that weird crick-thing in my neck now. However, now the crick has moved from my cervical vertebrae to my lumbar vertebrae, and decided that it likes it there. Somehow late Sunday, and into Monday, I threw my back out. Have not had pain in my lumbar region like this, ever.

I tried to go for a run last night, and didn't even make it to the corner. I had to turn around. I probably should have called it a night after that, but not me. I was convinced that some exercise would help me work the kink out. So I got on the bike trainer for an hour and 10 minutes. After which I discovered I couldn't get off the bike trainer. Needless to say, I think I made it worse.

I have been heating it, and taking Ibuprofen, and walking very slowly. I don't know when I will be able to exercise! That is the most frustrating thing, because it is pretty warm here in Cleveland, and I am missing prime winter running weather! So I am taking tonight off, and hopefully I can be back at it later this week, or weekend. I have to be, because my Cleveland Marathon training officially starts January 15! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great rest of the week, bloggers. Run strong!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

welcome to the club! but, we will reconfigure, and come back stronger...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey there! Rest up--hope it feels better soon! The good weather's supposed to stick around for a little bit, at least! :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger D said...

So Sorry! Hopefully this is only a very temporary setback!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Take it easy. I'll sure this is just a temporary glitch and with a few days rest, your marathon training can kick off as planned !

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh! hope it gets better...don't be too hesitant about seeing a doctor if it doesn't improve soon...

10:07 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Hope all of the back problems get worked out quickly.

So frustrating when all you want to do is get outside!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Get some rest! That's so much easier said than done, but I'm sure it's the right thing to do. Hopefully you're already feeling better!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Argh - sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling better soon, and won't have to delay the start of your marathon training. A good long night's sleep might do wonders.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home