<

1/20/2006

Begin the Begin

Hi folks! I hope that you had a good week, and are gearing up for a nice relaxing weekend!

My running this week has been pretty light. I did 3 milers on the 17th, 18th, and 20th. I was supposed to swim yesterday, but for some reason, just didn't go. I was really pooped after work, and just couldn't seem to get my butt to the pool. I should have gotten up at dark-thirty like the majority of you tri-bloggers do, but I am wretched in the morning...at least when it is still dark out. I can't wait until spring, when it starts getting light out around 6 a.m.

For the Cleveland Marathon training that I began this week, I am following the Hal Higdon Novice program. I like it because the mileage during the week is manageable, and it has enough off days that I can work in some cross-training. It doesn't include any speedwork, but once the spring races start up again, I generally substitute those races for speedwork. My spinning classes start in February, so I will be looking at a lot of time in the saddle. I haven't taken a spin class in a long time. At my old gym, they had "Power Pacing" classes that I loved. I hope I like these classes just as much.

Tomorrow, I WILL go to the pool and get in a workout, and then Sunday is my "longer" run of 6 miles.

There is a Super Bowl 5K I am thinking of doing on February 5. Any Buckeye bloggers out there thinking of doing it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

It seems like so many other cities have Super Bowl races, I wish we had one!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be doing the mardi gras marathon in new orleans...just the half...but guess i'll be out of town. have a great race though!

10:10 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

hey, i'm training hal's novice schedule as well! go us! ;)

oh and uh.. KC has nothing for a super bowl run. plus i'll be in denver attempting snowboarding that week.. so... good luck and HAVE FUN!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home