<

2/13/2006

Fuzzy Math

I did one of my longer HH runs yesterday. The plan called for 9. (Next week is 10, and the week after is 7.) I started out with all intentions to run the entire thing outside, but I caved after an hour, and headed indoors for the remainder. While outside, I ran completely in the streets, due to the unshoveled and downright nasty sidewalks. Hence the fuzzy math. I don't know for sure what the total mileage during my outside portion, because I made a lot of loops in neighborhoods without a lot of street traffic. I made it back to the house in 55 minutes. I'm calling it 5.5 miles. I headed to the dreadmill to finish - 3.7 miles. 9.2 total miles, and my watch time was 1:40 minutes. I can't wait for all this snow to finally melt, and for spring to finally get here!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and hope your week goes by fast!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good run! heard it was a beautiful day out yesterday despite the sun...i was in philli and dealt with the blizzard...yuck!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great run! I'm lucky and have a route with plowed sidestreets...I don't blame ya though, these sidewalks are KILLER! Not worth twisting an ankle! :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love running in the snow, but definitely not on icy sidewalks. Nice job on the run.

10:00 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

I would say you were probably really close to what you were shooting for(miles). Snow is always fun, don't really care for it once it freezes on the sidewalks.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Goo effort to make it outside. Here is a link that can help you map your routes and find distances.

http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/?centerX=-82¢erY=41.4&zl=6&fl=m-e-h-0&polyline=

12:34 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job on finishing the run! I am SO ready for spring!

2:34 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

I have a feeling a lot of my runs are going to be like that until spring hits :)

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home