<

3/05/2006

Catching the Leprechan



It took me a bit to get to updating the blog today. The race went pretty well, although I didn't PR. I felt like I pushed it today, and I paid for it once I got home. (Some intestinal issues. I never had them before, but as I get older, I am finding that I don't feel so well after tough races.) Anyhoo...

The weather was pretty nice today. Cold, but sunny. I forgot my camera this morning, which was okay, because I never did see TriEric and his wife today! I was so bummed! The other thing I forgot to do today was get all my splits. It was mile 5 before I realized it, and started getting the splits. So here are the ones I got:
Mile 5-45:50
Mile 6-8:37
Mile 7-8:35
Mile 9-17:56
Watch Time-1:23:31.

Slower than my 15K in September, and slower than my 10 miler in August of 2004 (1:20). I am attributing it to the cold. When I finished, I got a small trophy because I got first in my age group. I hope it shows up on the website, though, because they made a mistake on my age group category. I'll have to check the results when they post them. (Hopefully, I wasn't the only one in my age group, either!)

My husband did well. I can't remember his exact time for the 30K, but I think it was like 2:28. There were some really fast men in his age group.

I had forgotten what "race pace" feels like. But my legs are remembering today. I think tomorrow will be a day off.

I forgot to add that I actually did my extra 3 miles, too! I think it was more like 2.5, because the mile markers weren't exact, but I am calling it three, because I raced the previous nine!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and hope that everyone's races went super! Have a great week!

12 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Great job at the 15k. I have been stuck at a customer all weekend doing a computer migration, very big and stressful.

My wife was about 2 minutes in front of you. I hope you are warmed up by now.

Sorry we couldn't touch base.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

haha...a trophy is a trophy...whether u are the only one in your AG or not :)

Congrat on the run.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Wow!!! Great race!!! :) Now have a nice day off!

9:15 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Great Race!!! Have a good recovery, you've earned it!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on your first place.

Well done & enjoy your day off!

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the run! bummer that you didn't get to see eric...

i did that race in the fall while training for the Chicago marathon--the 30K, actually, so I had to run that loop twice--yuck! it's kind of a boring run, don't you think?

but anyway, swimming might be hard...i forgot you had to go to work...we usually meet around 9 so that Karen can get her kids on the bus first. but, sometime soon you and i should meet out there early...i'd be up for it early next week if you want...

8:41 AM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Congrats on your race!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Funny little dancing leprechaun!
Congrats on your race. Have you ever done the "Escape from Lake Erie"? I am from Ohio and would like to come back and do that race one year!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

An age group award? You'll have to explain to me what those look like - it's extremely rare that I ever see one. Good job.

5:06 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

sorry your stomach was having issues! Good job on getting out and racing!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job Buckeye!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job on the race and getting an award!! That's awesome!!

So was there an actual leprechaun to chase???

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home