<

3/22/2006

Parental Advisory: Stop Video If You Don't Like Limp Bizkit

The lyrics are harsh, but I have to admit that "Break Stuff" is a great song to listen to when you are in a rebellious mood.

I'm not feeling rebellious with respect to my training. Training is going pretty well. I ran 5 yesterday, and 3 this evening. Was supposed to swim tonight, but didn't make it, and I feel okay about it. I am just plugging away, waiting for the warm weather to come.

I am feeling rebellious at work. I've been at my current position almost 3 years (it'll be 3 years on May 14.) It is the proverbial "overworked and underpaid." But I can handle the underpaid part. I can handle the overworked part. What I have trouble managing is the fact that Boss #1 and "wanna-be Boss #2" are incompetent, incapable of time management, cannot prioritize, and do not understand what their job responsibilities are. It makes me want to "break stuff."

It's time to start looking for a new job. How do people stay in positions for 10, 15, 20 years? It's a mystery to me.

And thank goodness for sports! I can't imagine how people who don't work out regularly deal with their stress! I would go mad if I couldn't go run or dive in a pool and leave all the madness behind!

12 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

Good post, I've had those days too; that's why I retired after 2 years. You couldn't have picked a more appropriate video and picture too.

11:16 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

they drink a lot!

trust me working out is better!

good luck on the job hunt! what is your field?

9:31 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

oh and Office Space is the best movie ever! I love when they break the fax machine!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hang in there! Hope you find something that is fullfilling AND pays you what you are worth. :) I loooooooooove the picture, too!!!!! Have you ever seen that commercial for monster.com (I think) where the guy is in an office with a bunch of monkeys? Literally--there are monkeys in suits and ties in cubicals all over the place. It cracks me up. Sometimes I can relate!! :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger D said...

I AGREE w/you wholeheartedly on the workout issue. I can't imagine coping with the stress without some sort of work out. Elizabeth hit it w/drinking. Look how much more healthy we are since we take our frustrations out on the pavement (water - weights - etc) instead of overindulging in alcohol or anything else that can have destructive results. Hang in there. An opportunity may come about when you least expect it. Networking might be a good thing to start doing.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

3 years is a long time. I never understood those "lifers" either. I think they are just on auto pilot and punchin' the clock until retirement.

Love that movie, and used to love LB (over played them).

12:03 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Awesome video. I hate it when I feel like I want to Break Stuff. sometimes I just want to Just Lose It (check out my blog).

I'm reading the Mental Training for Triathletes book. Talks about the peaks and valleys of training/racing. go it at Borders at Crocker Park. It's a good read and I'll be giving it a review on my blog with some other posts.

Hang in there, you will come out just fine.

Now you need to network with us Cleveland area triathletes and fill us in on what you want to do. We may have a connection for you.

Be strong.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

Give me something to break! LB was so cool before Fred Durst went crazy.

Good luck with the job situation.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A little Bizkit and some Office Space, Buckeye's going old school.

That song brings back a lot of memories.

11:10 PM  
Blogger RTG said...

I feel your work pain. Been there, done that.

Your musical choice is perfectly cathartic. "Break Stuff" always works for me -- so much that it's one of three Bizkit songs in the playlist I use to get me revved for marathons or weight training.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I don't think anyone should stay anywhere for longer than 5 years...then it gets toxic and change resistent...

Mix it up I say.

I too have a terrible intolerance for incompetence...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great post! I completely agree, I don't see how I will ever last somewhere for 10-20 years! UGH!

Working out is an awesome stress reliever!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home