<

3/29/2006

Courage

Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount. -Clare Booth Luce

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. -John Wayne

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. -Mark Twain

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man,
but he is braver five minutes longer. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fortune favors the brave. -Virgil

It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. -Harper Lee

I don't have the words or experience to adequately expound on what courage means, so I draw upon the wise words of those better than I.

This post is dedicated to everyone that may happen upon this post, and especially to Carrie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Thanks, Buckeye....very inspirational and just what I needed!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

I LOVE that Virgil quote. Simple, direct, powerful.

P.S. Thanks for cheering for the Bruins!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a wonderful post. Thank YOU for the inspiration :-)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thank you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great post. I LOVE your new profile photo w/your dog!!! You took beautiful photos during your last long run.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I like the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

This is a lovely gesture Buckeye! I especially like the Harper Lee quote.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home