<

12/09/2006

I am out of the closet!

Ok, let me explain that a little bit. I am BuckeyeRunners’s husband and have been ‘lurking’ around ever since she started blogging way back when. That’s right…I read your posts, I leave comments, and in general pretty much keep up with everyone that is listed on the sidebar. I have been meaning to get in on the action for some time and start leaving posts…so here it is! I plan on doing this on a regular basis as Buckeye is going thru a bit of posting burn out.

As for training, I have been doing pretty well lately. For the running, I train using the Furman 3 day a week program. I know there are several of you out there that have used it with success…and I really like it. It has helped me get several PR's this year. I am planning on doing a spring marathon this year and have not started to ramp up the miles yet but I do a 13 miler every weekend just to keep the legs used to the double digit work. I got an early Christmas present of a Garmin 305 and absolutely love it. I am usually in a total rut when I run….I basically have 4 routes, 2 mile, 3 mile, 4 mile and 6 mile that all start and end at our house. To get a long run in, I do some set of loops based on these to get the miles in with stops at the house to get water and/or gaterade.

This past weekend with the trusty forerunner, I started by doing a 3 mile warm up with the dog (8:36, 8:48 little pee-pee break for the dog, 8:27) and then headed out to do the rest. I broke the rut..my goal was to randomly run where ever I felt like it until I got the rest of the miles in. I wore a fuel belt for the first time as well….loved it! It was such a nice change. I ran through many neighborhoods that I had never been in, got lost a couple of times in crazy spaghetti street neighborhoods, and had a great time. As for the splits, they were (8:15, 7:58, 7:54, 7:45, 7:51, 7:53, 7:49, 7:50, 8:10 hill, 7:50 and 3:03 for the last .4 of a mile) I was pretty happy with that. The weather was cold but I felt good and kept the pace pretty consistent.

More to come….my thoughts on swimming…

6 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Woo hoo! Hi Mr. and Mrs. Buckeye! :) Hope to run into you on Lake Road again sometime soon!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice splits. Good luck with the marathon training. Keep us posted, both of you.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Sounds like you have had a great xmas already with that Garmin! Pretty easy to get addicted to running with one eh? Solid splits there too!

11:36 PM  
Blogger bbieberitz said...

Those are some impressive splits. Great job. I hope someday I can hit those kind of splits too :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Garmin. I got a bodylink for my birthday in Aug. There are a few things I'm not happy with about it, but generally I like it. It's great to go out and run and not have to be limited to the same ole routes.

5:35 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Sweet. This is going to fun reading from Mr. & Mrs. Buckeye!!!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home