<

12/17/2006

Tri One O One

Look at this: Tri One O One is a new triathlon series that features the old International Triathlon Union (ITU) distance of a 1.86 mile (3km) Swim, 80.6 mile (130km) bike and 18.6 mile (30km) run. A couple of years ago, the ITU changed their race format away from this distance. So Tri OneoOne is bring it back. Not that it means much/anything to me, but the pro's are really into this series as it has pretty good prize money and has a 'world cahmpionship' in November. I heard one of the directors speak about the race and they are REALLY bing on making it a great experience for the atheletes and their families. There are free prerace dinners and tons of swag. I think it would be a good training excursion for all you ironmen out there.

Infinit Nutrition is one of the sponsers of the race. Check them out. It is a sports drink where you can actually specify you own formulation. You fill out a survey on their site (free) about how you work out, if you bonk, etc. and they suggest formulations. I ordered some after trying it from a friend. It really rocks. Let me know what you think.

As for working out, on Friday, I did a workout with a friend in my basement where we would ride the trainer for 15 minutes then run on the treadmill for 15 minutes...then switch. We did this 3 times so 45 minutes on the bike and 45 minutes on the hamster wheel. I am not a big fan of riding indoor and I find it exponentially more difficult than riding outdoor. I have a cyclops fluid trainer and feel that to ride 20+ miles/hour is a challenge to do for any length of time.

If anyone has some tips, tricks and/or workouts to do on the trainer...I am all ears. I am really dreading it right now.

I am going to try to get in a long run here in a few minutes. It is a great day here in Cleveland...almost 60 degrees...which is going to be a record. I'll post some splits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home