<

12/19/2006

Da swim

So I hit the pool last night. I felt alittle tight in the shoulders but pounded through the workout:

warm up:
6X100 swim
1X100 pull (this was supposed to be a kick set but 1.I hate kicking and 2.my legs were a bit tired from the long run)

3X100 Swim at 1:50 send off
3X75 IM (fly, back, breast) at 1:35
repeat 3 times

50 easy...I skipped this to get a drink and catch my breath

16X25 at :35 send off

They actually run 3 pace clocks for the different skills sets. I use the middle one. I was struggling to make the IM sets as my fly and back are horrible.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I use a pull too when my legs are heavy and tired from running/biking.

Thanks goodness you dont' have to kick too much with a wetsuit :0

2:04 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

You go to the Lakewood Master's swim? curious who's making up the workouts.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Is this Mr or Mrs Buckeye!?
Nice that you hit all the different strokes out there...I'm pretty lazy in the pool and never seem to get in any structure beyond just going for a certain yardage target....definitely need to mix it up when I start hitting it again!

1:56 AM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

For some reason I am faster when I use a pull bouy than when I swim.

Tri Al...yes we do go to the Lakewood masters. There are 2 coaches Bob Babiak and Jim Hlavaty.

Mike. The posts lately have been from Mr. Buckeye....I will try to rememeber to clarify when I post to avoid any confusion! As for the workouts, having the people to swim with does wonders for me...pushes me to keep up.

Me Buckeye

8:11 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

This is WHY I don't do masters...my other strokes just suck! I only do crawl and kicks in my workouts...can't do fly to save my life! You are certainly a "masters" swimmer!

11:16 AM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Fe-Lady...please do not get some crazy idea in your head that I am some shark in the H2O! I can crawl and breast ok....everything else I do involves lots of splashing and very little forward progress.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

Here's to a great new year Buckeyrunner!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home