<

1/16/2007

Hit the track

We had some really crappy weather this past weekend in Cleveland. Rather than grind out a long run in the cold driving rain, I decided to brave it long enough to do a track workout.

The picture below is what the Garmin recorded for the workout. If you click on it, you can pretty much read the details. I did a 1 mile warm up followed by 6X800 with 2 minutes rest in between. Basically the splits were 3:07, 3:02, 3:03, 3:03, 3:05 and 3:05. I was pretty happy with that..hopefully I can get that below the 3:00 mark as spring comes around.

On a fun note, I took the dog with me to do the workout. She LOVES the track and was a muddy mess within 2 minutes of being there....but had a great time. She didn't enjoy the bath after nearly as much!

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Nice splits. Was the dog racing against you?

1:24 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

I'm hoping to see splits like that soon.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

800's are tough to do and I am sure you will see those times drop after being consistent with the track work for awhile. I need to get back to the track as well.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

My name is Robert Key and I am an avid runner from Houston, Texas. My father lives just north of Cincinnati, and I have run on the tow path up in Cleveland area, and I ran the Columbus Marathon in 2003.

I have a web site http://www.faithfulsoles.com which is dedicated to inspiring, encouraging and motivating walkers, runners and athletes of all abilities, and we are launching a Running Blog Database this week where members of our site can find and read blogs that most closely fit their own ability and goals (you can read more about it on the web site).

I would be grateful if you would register a link to your running blog with my web site for our members to read (it only takes about 2-3 minutes to complete the online form). From the home page, under "Free Features" in the lefthand column, just click on "Link your running blog".

If you would like more information on my running background and involvement in the running community, click on “Meet Robert” from the main menu, or “Faithful Soles in the news” from the Weekly Features section in the lefthand column.

Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Those are very nice splits.

So the dog had fun and u had fun. Perfect.

12:37 PM  
Blogger i am Susan said...

Dogs and baths...it's hard to find one that really likes a bath, isn't it?!

8:32 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

I like doing 800s too, and those some respectable times, nicely done.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home