<

1/12/2007

It was one of those weeks

So, I did my long run on this past Sunday (13 miles) with a friend at 8:15 pace which is about 35 seconds slower than my usual pace….yet from a heart rate perspective, I was in my usual 150 bpm zone…and it really did feel like I was working hard

I did a 2600 with the masters swim group on Monday which went pretty well albeit my shoulder was a bit sore. Tuesday I took off with the intention of running Wednesday. Well, I had to fly to Minneapolis on Tuesday night and got back Wednesday night and REALLY was not up for pounding out a run when I got back. Last night I went to the masters swim group and had my worst swim in months!!!! I was very frustrated by the end of the work out. I was getting cramps in my feet and calf, missing cut off’s, swimming like crap…sucked. I am in a funk and need to break out of it.

I am hoping I can break out of this tonight with a bike/run/repeat (x3) work out this evening. For some reason everything just feels a bit ‘off’ and every workout is very difficult and I can't get into the zone…I know that everyone has these kind of days/streaks…just hope mine passes by quickly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Hey lady...it has been awhile since I have much time to read catch up on everyone and I am so impressed with how far you have come! Wow, need to find out your secret!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

2006 was like that for me. And I don't mean just part of it. I hope you break out of it much quicker than I did.

7:37 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great 13 miler!! Yeah - I don't like it when I go through those streaks - but we always come out of them - thank goodness. Sometimes when we just relax and go with it, we get our groove back. I'm glad to see you posting again - I missed you!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yikes! Getting muscle cramps while swimming is the worst! I feel for you!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home