<

2/13/2007

Runnin' and stuff

I have been lame about posting lately but have been lurking around. I am starting to ramp up my running a little to get ready for Cleveland Marathon. Unfortunately, the weather here has not been cooperating. I don’t mind running in the cold or snow…but am not a fan of below zero wind chills. It is tough to get anything long done under that type of condition….for me anyway.

I did do a longer run on the treadmill on Sunday….17 miles…which is by far my longest treadmill run ever. I think the mental part was a lot tougher than the physical. All in all it wasn’t too bad. I just set the pace at 8 min/mile and was off. The worst part was the chaffing I realized I got once I hit the shower….ouch.

I need to get my running moved outdoors!

I swam last night 300 swim, 6X50 kick, 100 pull, 12X25 @ 30 sec, 5X200 with 20 seconds rest, 50 easy, 3X100.. Total 2350 I think. I pulled every other 200 as my legs were a bit dead from the run on Sunday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Yikes! 17 miles on a thrillmill? You are a glutton for punishment and boredom!

12:02 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

I hope you had some music.
Or pretty girls at the gym to watch. (I won't tell the wife)
I think swimming is great cross training for running. Maybe next year I'll come up to visit my brother in Richfield and run the marathon with you.
I'll certainly be at a 7 min pace by then so I can keep up with you. hee hee NOT.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I dont' enjoy treadmilling as well.

There is always a tendency to stop...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's some impressive mileage on the treadmill. Brutal!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Aren't mill miles kinda like trainer miles for the bike?? 17 on the mill has to count for over 20 on the road!

Hats off to you for pulling that monster off! mentally ooof! I don't think i could hang.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Wow...if you aren't ready physically, you sure will be mentally with that kind of "stick to it" attitude for that many miles on the treadmill.
I would go out and slip slide around before I would get on one tho...! (hate 'em!)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home