<

4/25/2007

I’ve been in hiding!

Ok, I have been really lame about posting anything new on the blog lately. For some reason, I just haven’t been feeling it lately….but am getting back in the groove.

As for training, my hopes of Cleveland Marathon have gone out the window. On a 20 mile training run, I stepped of a sidewalk and tweaked my ankle. It was swollen and sore at the end of the run. Over the next 2 weeks, I tried to power through and get my runs in, but was barely able to walk by the time I finished my runs. I decided to take time to let it heal up…which took about another 2 weeks. So I had about a month of very little running during which should have been my highest mileage weeks. I invested a lot of time into it and was already hitting the 20 mile runs….so it was a bit depressing to write it off. Oh well….it happens

….but the good news is that I am now focusing my full attention on doing my first half Ironman in June. I feel like my swimming is good to go, and my running is ready so I just need to get more work in on the bike. The weather here in Cleveland has not been cooperating with this! I have been forced to do most of my riding on the trainer which I REALLY do not like.

For this week, I did a 12 mile run on Sunday at 7:35 pace (152 BPM) which felt really good, swam a 2400 with the Masters group on Monday, did a speed work out at the track on Tuesday (1 mile warm up, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 800, 600, 400 with 400 meter jog rest interval), and rode the trainer for 45 minutes this AM and plan on doing the master swim group this evening…I will post the work out later.

Happy training ever one…as I have been lurking on everyone’s blog…

As for the swim tonight:
Warm up: 1X300 Swim, 6X50 Kick, 4X25 form
First set: 8x75 on 1:15 (this was killer for me)
Second set: 5x200 (pull on the odds, form swim on the evens)
Third set: 6X50 on 1:05 (easy, 80%, all out...repeat)
Cool down: 100 easy

My arms are tired today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fe-lady said...

Which 1/2 IM are you doing?
They used to have one each year in Cleveland (back in the 80s) and it traveled through the metropark system. Great hilly stuff and pretty!
Glad you are back to running and best of luck in your race!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sucks about that twisted ankle. Don't woryr, I am just as clumsy. I never look where i run and always run over something.

As for your comment about my blog...i just have ot say...relationship...that's way harder than ironman :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Bummer about the marathon...that's gotta be disappointing...but you are so rockin' the swim and ready for the 70.3! That will be fun!

BTW: 12 miles at a 7:35 pace and 152 bpm--you're sick.

;)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sorry to hear about the ankle, but perhaps the opportunity to focus on your half will end up be a blessing in disguise.

Sounds as though you are getting in a lot of quality workouts and things are coming together nicely. Keep it up!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home